Friday, March 2, 2007

Alpha Signups Closed!

I didn't expect the response I got (I mean, who the hell would want to mess around with alpha releases, right?), so I will unfortunately have to decline more signups to the first few releases. I'd like to keep the development until a "public beta" pretty streamlined for various reasons but also because it is in alpha stage and that means we're not only talking about teething problems here, we're talking about possible showstoppers. And the fewer people I scare away from that mess, the better. :-)

I'll let you all know once I'm ready for a real beta.

Feel free to drop by the forums anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

heh, once you go through a few external builds you will have a decent pool of alpha testers. Unfortunately it is hard to weed them out up front. You might want to consider a initial "public preview" WIP and continue from there based on who actually provides useful feedback.

Just be sure to timebomb it, or you will get bug reports/gripes for the next two years.

Aufero said...

Very good advice. Thanks.